What do I want students to know and be able to do as a result
of the website adventure: WHO WHAT HOW?
2. Students will develop questioning skills.
3. Students will learn how to find answers using technology and developing connections with community/home/school resources.
4. Students will develop research
skills in how to conduct an in-depth project and how to manage and analyze
6. Students will create an Artist’s Book/Log that demonstrates their research, reflections, and thoughts during the process of “Who, What, How.” They will be encouraged to use various interdisciplinary methods such as writing, poetry, drawings, collage, watercolor, stamping, tape recordings, and video.
7.Students will paint a portrait of themselves. They will learn about proportion and color mixing, and various painting methods to create texture and contrast. The elements and principles of art will be applied as students develop an understanding of shape, form, value, composition, emphasis, and balance.
8. Students will look at the art of David Hammonds, Jacob Lawrence, Elizabeth Catlett, Frida Kahlo, and Diego Rivera to develop an understanding of what makes art powerful, and how to use this knowledge in their ar-making.