IT'S WRITTEN IN THE STARS!
LESSON 2-WHAT IS THE ZODIAC?
1. What are the twelve signs of the zodiac?
2. What are the character traits of each sign?
3. What are some vocabulary words associated with the character traits?
1. From the previous lesson, the children are familiar with the 12 signs of the Zodiac. (Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn Aquarius, Pisces). Have them play a word search game that was produced from the following site: http://totalsurf.com/wordfinder/ Click here for a copy of the word search game.
1. Have each group log on to http://astrology-online.com/persn.htm and research their sign's character traits. the following is an example of Capricorn's traits:
| 2. Have
each group find out the definition of the words in their character trait
and make a vocabulary book. They can log on to
http://m-w.com/ for the definitions.
Click here for a sample of Capricorn's
1. Children in each group can illustrate their character traits with illustrations of people in each situation- being miserly, patient, ambitious, etc. They can find illustrations of each trait online.
2. The groups will put together all their vocabulary books for a class book.
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO NAVIGATE THROUGH THE SITE!