IT'S WRITTEN IN THE STARS!
LESSON 1- WHAT IS ASTROLOGY?
1. What is the history of astrology?
2. What is the mythology associated with astrology?
3. To create drawings of the astrological signs.
1. Show the following pictures taken from http://jksalescompany.com/dw/zodiacsigns.html and ask the children what they know about them.
2. Create a KWL chart on astrology like the one below:
1. Determine what the 12 signs of the Zodiac are and place the children into groups according to their same astrological sign.
2. Have children research the history of astrology in books, encyclopedias, and on the Internet. Some good Internet sites for this are: http://astrologyparlor.com/features/history-astrology.html
3. Have students create drawings of the astrological signs using KidPix and write the mythology associated with that sign.
For the drawings the children created, click on the astrological sign that it corresponds to.
This lesson will lead to Lesson 2, What is the Zodiac?
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO NAVIGATE THROUGH THE SITE!