|1. Use Windows on Science to show the different
parts of the circulatory system to introduce red blood cells and
white blood cells.
2. Read aloud The Magic School Bus:
Inside Ralphie, a book about germs.
3. Ask students to take notes on specific
information from the story on how the body fights germs.
4. The students could then see the video on the
story and take more notes on the story.
5. Then the students will go to the Magic
School Bus website and review the website related
to their topic.
6. The students will then use Yahooligans and Alta
Vista Images to gather pictures and information to make
their Kid Pix Slide Shows.
(The teacher will also have the picture library on the immune
system, picture 1 and picture 2, and video samples from
the Magic School Bus story for the students to use in their
7. The students will be paired in groups of two
to make their slide shows.
8. The students will then present their slides
to the class. Then students will vote on the 5 best slide shows to
be placed on the school website. The student and the teacher will
use a rubric made at Rubistar to evaluate the slides.