|1. Have students name their favorite fairy
tales and list on blackboard. Ask students what makes these tales
their favorite; is it the characters, music, setting, plot,
conflict, or resolution?
2. Choose one of the fairy tales listed and
discuss how one could change it. Would you change the ending or
beginning? Make it funny or more dramatic? Change the main
character or where the story happened? Add music?
3. Have students choose their fairy tale and
4. Distribute Fairy Tales Retold work sheet and
have students plan their stories.
5. Students can visit these sites to get ideas
The Kid’s Story Telling Club http://storycraft.com/ - Get ideas for stories and
Welcome to Telling Tales http://tellingtales.com/MCOUNTER.mv - More stories
6. Ask students to write their retold fairy tale and organize into
7. Discuss what should go on each slide: Where
will the text go and how much will they write? Will they use the
draw application to create their own illustrations? Will they use
clip art or digital photos?
8. Have students use the wizard to help in
creating PowerPoint presentation.
9. When PowerPoint presentations are rewritten
and edited, share with class.