| View Instructional Videos for Teachers about Classroom Management
A high school science teacher demonstrates how her structured and routine-based classroom environment is the key to success.
An elementary school teacher guides us through her daily classroom routines and shows how consistency and structure are essential.
Management through Cooperative Groups
View two elementary school teachers demonstrate how they engage their students through group work to help them
Online Resources on Character Building
Compiled by Charlene Davis
Character building is such an important way to inoculate students against predatory bullying behavior. Its greatest benefit, however, is probably the strengthening reinforcement imparted to the child’s character that serves him, in – and out – of school! Strengthened by character building, the child’s self-esteem is not so easily wounded, causing him to feel impaired, or inadequate. Below are some websites that share great tips for character building. Happy exploring!
Strategies for Empowering Students
- Content-rich website, chock full of free resources
- A monthly newsletter that teachers can sign up for!
- Teaching guides on the high-, middle-, and primary school levels—most based on the 6 Pillars of Character
- K-3 elementary school teaching guides available in Spanish
- Service learning information: manuals, links, project examples
- Character in sports material: coaching tools.
- Web resources: an extensive list of web pages with content on peer mediation, oppression and racism, and peacekeeping
- Fabulous lessons that are organized by grade level and nicely scripted!
- “Feelings” (primary)
- “There are 2 Sides to Every Story” (intermediate)
- “”I Am What I Think I Am” (upper)
A to Z Teacher Stuff
- A colorful website!
- Chock full of resources!
- Inspirational quotes, literary texts, Six Pillars of Character.
- School empowerment
- Lesson plans
- Fitting character education into (content) lesson plans
- Teaching social skills
- Tips for keeping the peace
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to e-mail me.