Raising A.B.C. is designed to help students discover how candidates get elected and
how participating in the voting process creates better citizens. Raising A.B.C.--Kids Get Out the Vote was written by Peggy Wyns-Madison, a former Teachers Network web mentor.
Welcome to Raising A.B.C.--Kids Get Out the Vote! Here at the Voters' Booth, you will learn how citizens exercise their
right to vote around the country and globally and how to help the
voter registration drives in your community.
- Before a U.S. citizen can enter a voting booth, he/she must become a registered voter.
- Find out how a citizen can register to vote in your hometown.
- How long does it take to become a registered voter?
- What are the requirements to become registered?
- What are the political parties in your town? How
do you join a political party?
- Under what circumstances should a citizen re-register
- What is the Electoral
College and how does it work?
- And who really elects
the president, anyway?
Do a search of the candidates and campaign issues in the United
States at the League of Women Voters and for your state.
For younger students (Grades 3-5), try this VOTING BOOTH.