About this Daily Classroom Special:
The Outdoor Path to
Good Writing was written by Teachers
Network web mentor, Lisa Kihn, a math and language arts teacher at Nevin
Platt Middle School in Boulder, Colorado. Lisa believes in project based
learning and curriculum integration to actively involve students in
their learning process.
Realistic Fiction Peer Evaluation
Peer evaluator for__________________________
Read your partner’s story and then answer the following questions. Please be very specific and give good, helpful feedback.
1. Did the story make sense? If not, what were the confusing parts.
2. Lead: Is the lead effective? What did the author do to make you want to read on?
3. Realistic Fiction: Is the story based on a personal experience? Is it believable?
4. Description: Did the author “show” and not “tell”? Give an example. Where could the author have done more?
5. Dialogue: Is there realistic dialogue? What could the author have done to make it more effective?
6. Conclusion: Does the conclusion make sense? Do you have any suggestions on how the conclusion could be improved?