1. Test your knowledge of rocks and minerals. Take the rock and mineral quiz at
and see how well you do!
2. Ready for another quiz? This one is multiple choice. Click on this website:
3. How good is your knowledge of how igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic rocks are formed? Take this quiz at http://fi.edu/fellows/payton/rocks/quiz/index.html and register your score!
4. Birthstone Report- Each student is to research what his/her birthstone is. They are to include a picture of the stone, and a short story on the history of the legend of their birthstone. They are to describe all physical properties of the stone.
6. Types of Rocks Database 2 ( Properties of sedimentary, igneous, and metamorphic rocks).
7. Types of Rocks Database 1 ( How sedimentary, igneous, and metamorphic are formed).
8. Rock Report- Students will create a rock book with a rock of their own choosing. They will perform the following experiments: Description of the rock, streak test for mineral color, scratch test for rock hardness, acid test for the presence of limestone, magnetic attraction, and the float test.