Structure WebQuest - Strength Engineer Questions
[Introduction] [Task] [Process] [Resources] [Evaluation] [Conclusion]
1. Name some natural disasters that can have devastating effects on structures. How do they affect structures?
2. What can be done in the construction of a structure to help in a structure's ability to experience little or no damage during natural disasters? (Finding out about the building codes in areas of the country that endure these disasters more often than others will be beneficial.)
3. What kinds of materials are structures built from? List at least five and tell whether they are strong in tension or strong in compression.
4. What other questions do you want to find answers to while working on this project?
5. After working with the journalist in your group, get a copy of the interview questions and the names of two people to interview. You will need to complete an interview worksheet for each of the two interviews that you do and attach them to your research notes to turn in with your report.
Internet Sites to visit to find these answers
Back to the WebQuest
This project was created by Nancy Powell for Geometry Classes at Bloomington High School, Bloomington, IL. I welcome your comments and questions.