PARTS OF A FLOWER AND POLLINATION
From site: Honey- Pollen
Fill in the blanks below.
Choose your answers from the pull-down menus.
Refer to the diagram for hints.
1. As honey bees gather nectar to make into honey, they also
the blossoms of many fruits and vegetables.
2. The female part of the flower is called the (a)
(b), a powdery substance, is picked up by bees on the anther of plants.
4. The male part of the flower is called the (c)
5. Pollen sticks to a bee's body and legs. Much of it is deposited in a hairy cavity on the legs called a
6. When pollen is joined with the (d)
at the base of the pistil, a new seed forms.
[If you print this page out,
please choose your answers from these words: Stamen, Pollen Basket, Pistil,
Pollen, Ovules, Pollinate]