- Earth, Jupiter, Venus, Uranus, Pluto, Mars, Mercury, Saturn, Neptune
- Scavenger Hunt handout
- Revisit K-W-L and write new information students have learned.
- Students will be given a Scavenger Hunt handout.
- Students will work in pairs using the Internet with various sites
book marked by teacher to complete the Scavenger
- Ask different pairs of students to refer to their Scavenger Hunts and tell what they recorded. Fill in a class Scavenger Hunt as students answer. For the answers to the Scavenger Hunt click here:
- Display the Scavenger Hunt in the classroom for future reference.
- In their
computer-generated Science Journals students will write five
more facts they have learned about the planets.
will plan and create their own planet
planet's name, create a planet map, a flag, and
and click on the fact sheet for each planet for
use desktop publishing to write a riddle about a planet of their
choice; they can add clip art or images scanned
from the Internet. Visit AZ
Kid's Net and click on riddles; read other
students' riddles then post your own.