| View Instructional Videos for Teachers about Classroom Management
A high school science teacher demonstrates how her structured and routine-based classroom environment is the key to success.
An elementary school teacher guides us through her daily classroom routines and shows how consistency and structure are essential.
Management through Cooperative Groups
View two elementary school teachers demonstrate how they engage their students through group work to help them
Online Resources on Conflict Resolution
Compiled by Charlene Davis
Conflict resolution skills are very important for children to have. As students become more proficient in executing these skills, they become more independent in resolving their own conflicts. This allows for learning to continue, uninterrupted, more frequently. It also is a boost to the student’s self-esteem as he or she becomes more successful in building his/her personal character! I find that the desire to achieve this kind of success can be contagious, and I consider that a desirable outcome! Listed below are various websites to aid in your efforts to impart conflict resolution training:
- Conflict Resolution for Kids
- Includes many perspectives are on, such as historical, corporate, faith community, and parent.
- Features Teacher Tips from professional storyteller Debbie Dunn, such as “Developing
- Students’ Conflict Resolution Skills: Advice for Middle and Secondary School Teachers” and
- “Teaching Conflict Resolution to Teens vs. Children.”
- Offers tips such as “Teaching Peace in the Classroom”
- Be warned, this site contains a lot of advertisement and unrelated video
- Facilitating Teen Conflict Resolution
Out on a Limb: A Guide to Getting Along
- A concise, and current, article focused on helping kids resolve social problems
- Goal: Countering the dramatic and emotional aspect due to cliques, rumors, insecurity, and hormones
National Crime Prevention Council
- An early childhood/elementary site
- Available in Spanish and Arabic languages as well as English
- Slideshows, using different characters and topics, such as “getting along,” or “feelings”
- Contains a teacher’s guide
- Succinct conflict management lesson plans for grades K-1 and for grades 3-5
- Comprehensive information on bullying, cyberbullying, gang violence prevention, and school safety
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to e-mail me.